Monday, December 27, 2010

CLASSIC REDACT CASSIO CLASSIC REUP REVISE WINTER BREAK 2004 YALL

I was not bewildered
I have read the rules extensively, while drunk
I am not the doggy bag
I am not the floating goldfish
You don't have to send someone to collect my newspaper or stop my mail

You smoke painful cigarettes
You turn the shower hotter still
You drink to fill the bilingual silences
and tear your hair out

I made my promises
I projected my losses
You project your loss onto me
Aren't you familiar with the crackle of desperation?

you've lost weight
your face is more edged and more beautiful
your stare is cutting

I am older than you were.
You are older than you were.
I no longer have hands that you could force
I'm not your problem
I'm just the girl you love

You shouldn't move on.
You already moved.
You were gasping for breath and grinning down
knocking down the columns before your plane was off the ground

No comments:

Post a Comment